Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Summer Fun with markers on Photo Paper

How is your summer going?  I can't believe it is August already.  Kids start school soon and but before that, we get to go shopping for school supplies.  I LOVE school supplies and office supplies.  I do hate having to find just the right colored folders though.  My favorite purchases are markers... so I thought I'd show you a card I did using a new technique I saw on the Tombow facebook page.  It is so incredibly easy and the end result is amazing.  You can see it in the background of this Summer love card here as well as in the words themselves.



I simply scribbled different Tombow markers on a sheet of acetate, spritzed some water over it and pressed the photo paper to it.  Voila - all done!  (I used the blue, green, and purple from the Primary Palette set.)



This is the final result - it dried very quickly.  And the colors just seem to glow off the paper.


I trimmed the paper to fit an A2 card base and added some seashell outline stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs filled in with ECD silk microfine glitter.  I added a light gray background using a very old Spellbinders die set - Deckled Rectangles so that the words Summer love would not get lost into the background. The words Summer and love were also made from another sheet using the same technique.


A very fun and easy card to make, especially the background.  It's a great way to make your own designer paper with whatever colors you need.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!